7 Steps to Living A Life Filled with Happiness and Freedom
- Create daily intentions – Setting intentions daily creates a tone for the day. When we create intentions, we are designing our lives and it creates a focus for the day. You want to create positive intentions in the present tense.
- Express gratitude daily – This is a ritual I do daily. When we are having challenging days, expressing gratitude is key. Gratitude is one of the most important rituals to do because it puts us in a positive frame of mind. When you express gratitude for what you do have vs. not have, you will manifest good things, but it also puts you in a positive frame of mind.
- Create a vision board – Every year I create a vision board. Creating a vision is so important because when we visualize our life, we will manifest things in our life. Pictures, words on a board is what I do every year. Put whatever you want to manifest in your life. For example, I have a picture of Paris, France on my board because it has been a bucket list item of mine. Be careful what you put on the board; you might receive it.
- Say daily positive affirmations – Affirmations are huge for me and have been proven by many motivational speakers to be very influential in receiving what you want in your life. One of the affirmations I say daily is “I have paying clients” or “I am healthy”.
- Believe in yourself that you are awesome - This is huge because as women we tend to be self-critical. You really need to believe that we are all awesome and say it out loud to yourself in the morning. Shout it out when you are getting ready for work.
- Follow your passions by doing what you love to do – when we follow our passions, we are happier, more productive, more focused, have more clarity in our life. Why live a life unhappy? We can wake up excited every day that we are alive.
- Apply self-care rituals, i.e. sleep 8 hrs/day, exercise daily, meditate, do something fun – First rule is to take care of ourselves. We always take care of our family, aging parents, children, careers. When we take of ourselves, we can take on the world. All of these rituals are great and fitting them in our daily schedule can be challenging, but start with one ritual first and then do another ritual. Of course, sleeping 8 hrs. is highly recommended.
Also, of course doing something fun for ourselves is crucial. I have tried tennis which I always enjoyed as a child but never really pursued it. I also recommend trying something different for fun.
Hope these 7 steps were helpful and that you enjoyed them!! Thank you for reading!!